Since 2005 the ICCP archives are kept at the Department of Geology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Porto, in charge of Deolinda Flores. At present, all material is catalogued and each document is kept in a folder, in archives boxes which are labelled according to the following categories:
- documents from Dr Alan Davis (75)
- documents from Dr Boris Alpern (10)
- documents from Dr Harold Smith (127)
- documents from Prof. William Spackman (101)
- documents from Dr Monika Wolf (159)
- ICCP News (47)
- ICCP Publication (5)
- Reports of Commissions (6)
- Membership Directories (4)
- ICCP Photos, including family photos (14) as well as Directory photos (provided by Peter Crosdale, 3 zip files)
- Slides from Dr Harold Smith (204)
- Miscellaneous (19)
Documents in a digital format are saved in a CD according to document categories (ICCP News, ICCP publications, ICCP Photos). All the material (boxes and CDs) is stored in the Library of the Department of Geology, UPorto. Included in the archived items of various individuals are minutes of meetings, commissions and working group reports. All documents are numbered and recorded. A full list of the archived documents is available to the ICCP members on request.
Despite the number of valuable contributions received to date, a significant number of documents are still missing. We urge the ICCP members to pursue the list of archived documents and ultimately to contribute with any material that would assist in achieving a complete archive of all ICCP documents, which is a valuable set of research documents.
The ICCP expresses its gratitude to those members and Convenors that have prepared and submitted material to the ICCP Archives. An appeal is made to Commission Chairs and Secretaries that may be leaving office in the near future to prepare and submit a CD with documents which resulted from the work during their tenure.