The Accreditation Sub-Committee comprises a representative of the ICCP Commissions (typically the chair) in which an accreditation program has been developed (at present the three commissions), the Co-ordinators of each Accreditation Program and an independent expert external to ICCP Council.
The tasks of the Accreditation Sub-Committee are as follows:
- Maintain a review over the range of accreditation activities
- Act as a contact between the President and Council and the Co-ordinators of each Accreditation Program
- Satisfy itself as to the validity of the methods associated with each accreditation activity
- Ensure that accreditation rounds are organized at suitable intervals
- Coordinate rounds of analyses to ensure that analytical loads are spread and not concentrated within short periods of time
- Receive data from the Co-ordinators of the programs
- Ensure the validity of accreditation recommendations
- Organize and ensure the archiving of accreditation data in a suitable manner
- Act as the primary locus for lodging appeals against accreditation decisions
- Receive recommendations from the Review Panel members and forward these recommendations to the President
- Act as a conduit for feedback between analysts, or other ICCP members and the Co-ordinators of the programs.