Invitation for an Interlaboratory study from the Centre for Biomass Energy Research and Education – University of Silesia
|October 13, 2022
|Filled under Adverts
The Centre for Biomass Energy Research and Education at the University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland invites you take part in the first interlaboratory study to test reproducibility of biomass fuels component identification using reflected light microscopy. The goal of this project is to promote petrographical studies of solid biomass, further develop and refine terminology and classifications of solid biomass components and ultimately standardize them. Interlaboratory collaboration and interlaboratory exercises in reproducibility testing would be an essential step in this direction.
- Materials containing introduction to solid biomass component identification using reflected light microscopy send to participants (early to mid–November 2022)
- Pilot study – component identification using photographs (November-December 2022).
- Results analysis and participant discussion (January 2023)
- Petrographic analysis on solid biomass samples (February-April 2023)
- Results analysis and presentation (TSOP 2023 Annual Meeting in Greece)
If you are interested in participating please email Agnieszka Drobniak at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to forward the invitation to anyone that might be interested.
Agnieszka Drobniak, Maria Mastalerz, Iwona Jelonek and Zbigniew Jelonek
Centre for Biomass Energy Research and Education
University of Silesia in Katowice, Poland