|January 29, 2013||Filled under Com III, Workinggroups||
Dr. Denis Vogt left as convenor in 1993
Raphael Javier left as convenor in 2000
Heike Liszio left as convenor in 2012
Lauren Johnson left as convenor in 2017
Members who participated in the activities of the WG during the years 1993-2012: Aivars Depers, Kevin De Vanney, Claus Diessel, Barbara Kwiecinska, Krystyna Kruszewska, Rosa Menendez, Cornelia Panaitescu, Harold Read, Atul Varma.
To establish a classification of coke textures which is reproducible and which can predict coke technological properties.
Round Robin exercises have been conducted by asking participants to identify specific points in colour photographs in order to the scheme that was previously agreed upon. The activities involved different levels:
- distinction between isotropic or not;
- distinction between fusible and infusible material;
- identification of the morphological differences (anisotropy domain) shape, size, origin.
In 2004 the convenor summarised the activities of the WG, in particular what has previously been done to establish a coke classification system and where are the difficulties. The convenor then gave a presentation of the results of automated measurements of coke texture carried out at ThyssenKrupp Stahl.
Analysis and discussion of 24 colour slides of coke microstructure has taken place during 2006 in order to better evaluate coke textures and nomenclature. This co-operation is a necessary continuation of the difficult problems regarding coke texture from coal blends, which may form the basis of future round robin exercises.
Further activities could be to analyse the coke texture in interdependence to coking technology and parameter regarding coke quality.
2018 Round Robin Exercise.
A new exercise has been released for 2018. Please contact Dr. Malgorzata Wojtaszek (email@example.com) for more information, as well as registration requirements for downloading all the files.
The Final Report of the 2018 Exercise is available upon log in.
2019 Round Robin Exercise
The Second Round of Proficiency Testing concerning Coke Petrography analysis, STARTED!
Members who are interested please download the initial instructions.
In this Round participants will measure minimum and maximum reflectance and optical textures according to the instructions they will receive with the samples.
Samples will be sent in form of polished blocks by the end of February.
For registering please visit EBOU platform and log in selecting P/1/2019-B in the SELECT Proficiency Test menu and apply for samples by clicking “Sample order” in “Application for Participation” tab.
For New participants please follow the instructions.
NEW 2021 Round Robin Exercise
- Minutes of the 45th Meeting of the ICCP. Commission III, ICCP News, 8, pp.5, (1993)
- Minutes of the 46th Meeting of the ICCP. Commission III, ICCP News, 10, pp.7, (1994)
- Minutes of the 47th Meeting of the ICCP. Commission III, ICCP News, 12, pp.7, (1995)
- Minutes of the 48th Meeting of the ICCP. Commission III, ICCP News, 14, pp.7, (1996)
- Minutes of the 49th Meeting of the ICCP. Commission III, ICCP News, 16, pp.8, (1998)
- Summary of the 1998 Round Robin exercises. Commission III, ICCP News, 18, pp.11-12, (1999)
During 2000 exercise a CD with images and an embedded sample were circulated, to identify the optical texture of the selected points on the Coke Microtexture Working Group Presentation Poland 2013images and to perform the analysis of the sample.