Home » Com III » Application of reflectance for estimation of structural order (Structural Order, SWG)
Application of reflectance for estimation of structural order (Structural Order, SWG)
|January 29, 2013||Filled under Com III||
- Ignacio Camean, Instituto Nacional del Carbón, CSIC, PO Box 73, 33080 Oviedo, Spain
- Stanisław Duber, University of Silesia, Faculty of Earth Sciences, Bedzinska 60, PL-41200 Sosnowiec, Poland
- Dr. eng. Marcin Libera, Centre of Polymer and Carbon Materials, Polish Academy of Science, Zabrze, Poland
- Łukasz Smędowski, Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal Zamkowa 1 St., PL-41803 Zabrze, Poland
- Mrs. Joanna Strzezik, Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland
Application of reflectance for estimation of structural order of coals and carbon materials
Activities in individual years:
- SWG was established on 53rd ICCP Meeting in Copenhagen (Denmark, 2001).
- On 54th ICCP Meeting (Mozambique/ South Africa, 2002) in Pretoria, there was presented theoretical background of the issue.
- In 2003 – 2011 SWG performed 3-stage round robin exercise consisting in the study of changes of reflectance parameters of high rank meta-anthracite during thermal treatment in various temperatures. Reflectance parameters were compared with the results of structural studies made with X-ray diffraction and transmission electron microscopy.
- Short version of final report on Application of Reflectance for Estimation of Structural Order Working Group was published in ICCP News, no. 52, 2011.
- The paper to IJCG based on the results of RR exercise 2003-2011 is under preparation.